Pages

My Intent



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When A Blogger Goes Offline...

There was a phase about 4 years ago when I became mildly obsessed with fashion blogs.  Reading about other bloggers lives, looking at their various clothing styles and enjoying the music posted  was pretty sweet relief for me from my-then routine life.

However...every now and then I'd come upon a fashion blog without any recent posting or one in which there was a significant gap between posts.  What happened to the blogger's enthusiasm?  Their creativity?  Their group du jour?  I felt disappointed and miffed by the sudden lapse in posting.  Where was their dedication?
And then...the same lapse happened to me!  : )  After joyfully and somewhat less joyfully posting on this blog, I, too, began to slow down my postings  What happened to my enthusiasm?  My creativity?  My tip du jour?  As I mentioned in my last posting "Still On?" I felt more in need of receiving advice than doling it out.  The Tuesday Tip began to feel like a chore.  I felt somewhat certain that I maxed out on my creativity.  I'd posted on fitness, finding more joy, improving your life...what else was left?

So I decided to take a break from "Tuesday's Tip" and gradually that evolved into taking a break from my blog which turned into taking a break from my business and focusing on reducing my own sense of overwhelm. 

All-in-all, it was a wise decision for me to take a rest from business-ing.  My sleeping, exercise and eating habits were erratic.  I had papers which needed to be filed, pending Facebook notifications and a closet in need of decluttering.  Delegation is dandy when you have the staff or willing offspring but when you have only yourself to delegate to then it's not quite as fun.
While the saying, "You gotta live it to coach it" is not necessarily a necessity, it did offer me some comfort while I was going through my growth experience.  I am and I expect I always will be learning more about my behaviors and my habits.  From a traditional business standpoint, it probably wasn't the wisest move to take such a break from my business but definitely for my own personal growth, it was a needed and welcome break!  : )
In the following weeks, I'll post info as to what I've been doing in the last 5 or 6 months.  I expect posting will relate to:  self growth seminars, traveling, health....and more.

Your Turn....
What insights or challenges have you experienced these last 6 months?  What have you learned about yourself as a result of what you experienced?  How can this new knowledge help you now or in the future?


Thanks for reading and hope everyone enjoyed their summer!


Quick update:  I did manage to jog the Bay-to-Breakers back in May.  My legs were a bit sore but I enjoyed the race. Congrats to my brother, his family and all other first-timers for taking part in the Bay-to-Breakers!  Appreciation to my father and sis for being there!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the information provided! I was looking for this data for a long time, but I was not able to find the trusted source.

    Coach Training

    ReplyDelete