Pages

My Intent



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday's Tip - Bonjour!

source: qwrrty (flickr.com)
More and more frequently, I've had the chance to practice French which I studied back in my scholarly days.  Likewise, more and more I've realized that my French has gotten rusty.  About 6 months or so ago, I made an effort to keep up my French by reading an article for 10 minutes or by listening to something.  Having not kept up even that minor practice has, of course, resulted in my current rustification of French.

So for today, I just want to ask you, if there's something that you used to enjoy that you no longer do?  What caused you to give up the activity that you enjoyed?

Can you somehow fit that activity back into your current routine?

Can you refresh your interest in the activity?

What can you do to update or advance your skill level in this activity?

As for myself, I listened to a French audio cassette while washing dishes yesterday.  It was a small but helpful start in making my French a little less rusty and a li'l more polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment